Job Description: Gallery Learning Experiences Coordinator
The individual in this position will work with three other coordinators to comprise a team dedicated to engaging visitors in hands-on experiences focused on Field Museum collections and science.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffing and facilitating visitor interactions in The Grainger Science Hub
- Developing new content for hands-on activity carts and education programming for The Grainger Science Hub, highlighting Field Museum collections and science
- Maintaining all hands-on activity carts so they are ‘visitor ready’ at all times
- Assisting in the recruitment, interviewing, training, scheduling and daily coordination of activity volunteers
- Collaborating with other Gallery Learning Experiences Coordinators on the frequent rotation of content in The Grainger Science Hub
- Bachelors degree in education or communications required, graduate level degree in education, learning sciences, communications or similar field of study preferred.
- The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and excel at successfully managing and interacting with groups of people.
- The individual must enjoy working with others and possess the ability to read an audience through classroom teaching, stage performance or equivalent.
- A passion for the sciences is preferred.
- The individual must be able to successfully work as part of a team by pursuing self-directed projects and activities that contribute to the larger whole.
- 3-5 years experience in one or a combination of the following is a must – classroom teaching at the PreK-12 level, supervising peers, employees or volunteers and developing learning experiences for informal environments.
- Bilingual candidates a plus.
Although applying via our online application system is preferred, you may also mail your resume and cover letter to:
The Field Museum
Attn: Human Resources
1400 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Visit the Museum-Ed Web site for programs, archives, sample documents and more.
Follow us on Twitter @museumed, on LinkedIn and on Facebook
To reply to this message, address your reply to [email protected]
To send a new message to the list, address it to [email protected]
To access and search the discussion list archives http://museum-ed.org/discussionlist/searchable-archives/
To unsubscribe from: talk at museum-ed.org, just follow this link: